Thursday, October 21, 2010

For Love of (a) French General

Last month, when the kiddos and I were in Seattle, my sister introduced Beautiful Daughter #1 and I to a fun craft store - Ben Franklin Fabrics and Crafts.

We had such a good time in there.  The first time we went, I was actually a little bit proud that I didn't buy very much at all.  In fact, I didn't buy any fabric at all!  So totally out of character.  I bought some ribbon, and some greeting cards that later became birthday gifts, but I didn't buy any fabric...

And then I went home and the remorse set in.  I guess you would call it "reverse buyer's remorse".  Truth is, I was in love - with French General.  Nothing would do but I make the trek back (this time with Beautiful Daughter #2) and satisfy this intense craving.  I just love this fabric.  It is somehow so elegant.  I had visions of all the things I could do with it.  It stirred all my creative juices and the ideas just started flowing.  The store had both Lumiere de Noel and Rural Jardin together, and I couldn't wait to get home and start putting it together, but I could only get fat quarters of some of the pieces.  Funny how the reds went so fast.  

Honestly, I like it just as much now as I did in the store. 

And I really seem to be into table runners this year.  Not so much trouble as a quilt, and they don't take as much fabric, but you still get the thrill of the creation of it.  I especially like the way the patch in the center pulls the piece together.

Here is the finished product.  Do you think it will make nice Christmas gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!