Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Elf Shoes


Tonight I finished my first ornament for the ornament swap Beautiful Daughter #1 and I are doing.  Lousy photos though.  I'll have figure out a way to take a picture without shadows or blurs or at an angle which doesn't catch the detail.

The Fabric is Amy Butler.  I used an elf shoe pattern from this link.  The "cuff" and the hanging loop are folded ribbon.  The shoe was sewn, stuffed, and hand beaded.  I tried a pompom at the point of the shoe, but Beautiful Daughter said it didn't work, so I tried the jingle bell.  Better?



And the other side of the elf shoe.  I purposely didn't match the patterns on the two sides, which in my OCD nature, I would have, but this way, whoever receives it can choose the side they like best.  Like 2 for 1.

So, that's it for tonight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!