Thursday, May 5, 2011

Swaps Completed

 May seems to be shaping up to be a busy swap month.  I just can't seem to resist them.  I see cute stuff on Flickr, and before I know it, I've joined another swap.  They are just too addictive.

Yesterday I popped my Great Cover Up swap items in the mail to my partner.  It included the Charley Harper Sewing Machine Cover I've posted about a couple of times before and



this embroidered hoop.  I found the quote on the internet, and it is my original design.  To be honest, I really had trouble giving the hoop away.



And, of course, a hexi needlebook.  Oops, I forgot to add the D-ring.  Oh well, sorry partner.  It's way too late now.


I am also participating Potholder Pass 7.  Apparently, many swappers have enough pot holders, and perhaps I would too if I had been participating from the beginning, but I have only done one round before this one.  If you could see my collection of ancient and aging pot holders, you would see that they are sorely in need of replacement.  They are all stained, burned, and/or aging.  I received 2 new pot holders with the last swap, and they were welcome additions to my sad collection.

These are the pot holders I received from SweetTeaMom in the last swap.

My partner for this round must have very similar kitchen decor to mine, as the colors she selected would have made themselves at home very nicely in my kitchen.


The theme was "anything but square", so I made a more-or-less hexagonal pot holder, which is a modification of a Dear Jane block I found here

along with a double-sided pot holder.  I've made this one before.  It's from Emily's tutorial on The Boy Trifecta blog.  Such a great idea.



I also opted to swap market totes, and I used a modification of Keyka Lou's Market Bag pattern.  It's reversible, and so very versatile.

I've made this pattern before, too, and it makes up soooooooooooo quickly.  Love it!

I was going to make an apron, but I was getting into the wee hours of the morning, so I opted for a decorated towel

and a hexi needlebook as extras.  I actually remembered to put the D-ring in this one.

Lots of fun for me.  I really hope my partners enjoy them.

2 comments:

  1. What great swap items you made! I love the fabric you used on the pin cushion......and your Charlie Harper cover is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not colors I would usually pick, but love the yellow & blue prints together!

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!