Sunday, July 24, 2011

Make Mine Modern


One of the only swaps I am involved in right now is the Make Mine Modern swap.  I love this swap.  The creativity of the participants just amazes me!  I really can't hold a candle to the other folks who participate in this swap, but I love seeing what everyone comes up with.  Each participant creates one sewing item, one "other" item, and gives their partner 1-1/2 yards of fabric.

This is the second time I've participated, and I always have a hard time deciding what to do.  This time, I only had one of the fabrics on my partner's "list" - Tula Pink's Prince Charming.  I bought a charm pack from Westwood Acres on etsy,  It's nice to be able to purchase just a little bit of these yummy fabrics to play with, especially when funds - and time - are limited right now.


Since I started with a charm pack, my options were limited as far as fussy cutting the center image, but overall, I like it. I used 9 charm squares for this pillow top.  I used a whole charm for the center and 1-1/2 inch pieces for the center motif.  The Kona green was a scrap from another project, but actually matches the green in the center.  The outer square was the rest of the charm squares I used for the center cut in 1-3/4 strips and random lengths.  I'm not really a fan of gray, but I actually like the gray in this.  There isn't much of it, but it really makes the other colors pop.  And I think the white gives it a clean, crisp look.


So, dear partner, I hope you like my creation.  I'm still thinking about what to do for your sewing item.   Hints?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!