Saturday, October 15, 2011

Teal We Meet Again

 
This was intended to be a sewing weekend and here is what I have to show so far for this weekend's effort.  These are the wonky cross blocks I made for the Teal We Meet Again block swap.  The tutorial for these blocks is here.   I am pretty pleased with these overall, although I think all my crosses pretty much go the same way.  Perhaps that is a good reason for swapping with others, aside from the different fabrics that other swappers provide.

I only have 10 blocks to swap - I made the others too small.  I hate to waste fabric, so I cut the outer blocks smaller than the instructions called for.  So maybe this is really a lesson in following instructions!  Anyway, I think this will be a very fun quilt, once I have all the blocks.

Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I had thought about cutting my squares smaller than called for, also to save the fabric, I'm glad you mentioned that, I'll make sure to cut the right size to start with! I love sewing weekends!

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!