Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Theme is Spring!


So, I have to admit that I am failing miserably at my resolution to only do one swap at a time, but truthfully, I am having a lot of fun.  In addition to Pillow Talk 6 (and maybe a couple of other swaps) I am playing in Potholder Pass 10.  The theme is "Spring".  How did I do?  These do say "Spring" to me.

I suppose the buttons won't be a great addition if she actually uses these for the oven, but they just finished it off so nicely...  And they will come off by just slicing a couple of threads with a seam ripper.


My partner asked for blue, lime and orange.  I had lots of fun creating this one, although it was a bit tedious.  Again, the buttons aren't very practical, but it just *needed* something.  I think this one is my favorite.  My sewing machine just hates insulbrite.  I fight with it every time, so binding is always a challenge.  I haven't used it in awhile, and forgot, so I cut my binding just a bit narrower than I should have to make this easy, so I fought with it all the way around.  Overall, though, I am satisfied.

The really fun thing is that both of these were made entirely of scraps.  The thrifty part of me just loves it when I can say that.

So, partner, Happy Spring!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice peek of spring!
    I can't stick to one swap at a time either :) They're just too much fun!

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!