Thursday, March 15, 2012

Blockin' Around

I finished the blocks for the 3x6 Bee - a month early, if you can believe it.  Well, OK, I have to confess that the only reason it was a month early is because I thought the deadline was March 15.  Still, it's not a bad thing to have them done early, especially since grandbaby #2 is due on April 5, so I know I'll be heading out to help his momma and take care of sweet little Abby.



This block is called "Blockade" - for obvious reasons, I suppose.  I picked it because I just really liked it, and had made the first block before I realized it was a 3-color block and I had 3 members of the bee that asked for rainbow blocks - 2 with black background and 1 with white.  So, I played around with the design a little and came up with something that works with the rainbow theme.  Here's the rainbow block with the white background.


I really like it.  It's fresh and bright.  And I'm a sucker for bright fabrics with white.  I really am.


One of the cool things about this bee is that you make the same block in different color schemes so you get to see how the colors play together.  I really like the blue and lime.

And the orange, yellow and lime is awesome too.  But truth be told, I really like these 4 colors together.  Wouldn't this make an awesome quilt?

I like the way the lime in the middle ties the whole thing together.

And finally, someone is working on a 4th of July quilt.  Or this would be cool for a quilts for the Quilts of Valor project. 

These were totally fun blocks to make, and I hope my Hive-mates like them.

And I'm really glad they're done.  Early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!