Friday, March 23, 2012

Fun Mail

It has been an amazingly long time since I've done a Fun Mail post, and the truth is, there has been some amazingly fun mail come my way lately.  First up, and most recent, is one of the coolest PTS7 pillows ever!  Made just for me by the amazingly talented tinkingalong.  (OK, you can read on - I promise I'm done with the word "amazingly" - at least for awhile.)  The drunkard's path pinwheels are so cool, and I love that she did it in aqua and red to match my Teal We Meet Again quilt.  Some of the fabrics are even the same.  She included some fun little goodies, including nail files, a little notebook, a postcard from her home state of Maryland, and to top it off, a "green" Christmas wrap/sack/bag to help save waste from gift wrap.  Too cool, huh?

Ironically, the day before I actually received this little beauty, I had gone through and "faved" the PTS7 pillows that struck my fancy, and this was one of those.



I have been receiving a lot of fun mail recently, and apparently, WH picked up the mail from his truck one day last week, and left my PTS package in the back seat.  Frankly, I was beginning to worry.  When I got home from work last Monday night, WH was standing in the driveway, and I asked him if he had gotten the mail.  He said he had, so I asked if there was any Fun Mail today, and he got the most sheepish look on his face.  Apparently, he'd been driving around with PTS7 for several days.  And I can't really get angry, since he had rotator cuff surgery last January, he can't carry stuff like he used to.  And besides, I have it in my possession now, so it's OK.


 Then, a month or so ago now (yes, call me a slacker!) I received these wonderful pot holders in the PP10 swap from Cottilello all the way from the UK.  I was so excited to receive them, I put them away without taking any pictures.  I don't really intend to use them - they're too pretty - but I am glad to say that after 3 or 4 rounds of PP, I no longer feel like my pot holder collection is exclusively made up of 20-something year old eyesores.  I now have the most gorgeous collection of pot holders ever.  


Check out the cute selvage centers...

And the cute label.

Too fun!

And then I've been getting bee blocks.  I haven't taken pics of all of them yet, but here is a smattering of what I've gotten this week...


These are from Crafty Liaooo for my GMFG quilt.

And this one is from Saricx - she has already made me a couple of blocks from another bee we were in together.  I'm glad to say, I am now about halfway there with GMFG.  I need to decide soon about the joining fabric, and then start making some hexies to begin to put the blocks together - I'm getting excited.

And speaking of hexies, this is the block megmormel made for me in the 3x6 bee.  Truly unique.  And so fun.  I've gotten a couple of other blocks from this bee so far, so I need to go round those up too and take more pictures - maybe the weather will be better tomorrow.

And I actually won a blog giveaway!  I won this "T is for Thelma" pattern from Thelma at Cupcakes and Daisies Blog.  It's always fun to be a winner.  Looks like fun.  And it is apparently the monthly block for the Schnibbles on Sherri's and Sinta's Year of Schnibbles and monthly quilt parade.  I have never participated before, but maybe, just maybe, this month....

So there it is, round 1 of Fun Mail.  Aren't I a lucky girl?

1 comment:

  1. Love the pillow! I think I commented on your flickr pic- she's in my guild, and was working on it at our last meeting :)

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!