Thursday, March 8, 2012

I'm a Blockhead

I'm a "blockhead".

I just realized that  I never posted February's Craftsy Block of the Month Blocks.  February's blocks focused on half square triangles, or HSTs.  I actually made this block for last quarter's 3x6 Bee, although I used a little different approach.  I used a Flying Geese technique whereas this one uses the HSTs.  The blocks look pretty much the same, if you ask me.

Here's the previous one I made.

The block is called Balkan Puzzle.  If you remember, I goofed, and made it more like a pinwheel, but I actually liked it just as well or better.


The second block for February is a zig-zag block.  I really had fun with the fabrics in this one.  I think several blocks together matching the fabrics in the different rows would be way-fun.  This was a block I hadn't tried before, but it was super easy, just consisting of squares and HSTs.



I haven't gotten around to March's blocks yet.  March's blocks are string quilt blocks.  String quilt as in Val's Heroes Quilt and Spider Web blocks.


 So, nothing especially new here either, but it seems like I always manage to pick up a few tips and pointers from the lessons.

If you want to join in, the Craftsy BOM quilt-along is free (which is a good thing).

And one of my goals for the year was to do a QAL and keep up.

So far, so good.  Wanna join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!