Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

It is Mother's Day here in the U.S., and I have had more like a Mother's Weekend.  On Friday evening, WH called me at work and invited me to dinner.  When I arrived, I had a wonderful surprise - HS had come for a weekend visit.  It had all been very hush-hush, and I was oh-so-surprised.  We watched movies on my new Blue Ray player and at the theater, ate out both evenings (no cooking for me - yes, I am spoiled!) and had a great time.

When we arrived home on Friday evening, there was a package from Amazon on the dining room table with my name on it, but I was under strict instructions not to open ANYTHIING that might come in the mail until the day itself.  I am proud to say that I waited until breakfast today.  And yes, my gift from BD#1 was Material Obsession 2.  Such lovely photos of such lovely quilts...  Perfect!  And it has already provided the inspiration for my DS Mini Quilt re-do, for which I am grateful.  (My first attempt at this project was an abysmal flop.  Although this is still a WIP, I am pretty happy with it, so far.)



And, to top it off, I had a fairly quiet Sunday (having to take HS to the airport shortly after church) and so had the opportunity for a nice long Face-Time chat with BD#2 and her husband.

All in all, a perfect weekend!

I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day too!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love that book! I have gotten it from the library twice, so I definitely need to buy it!

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!