Sunday, May 20, 2012

I'm Swooning!

Have you seen the lovely Swoon blocks and quilts that are popping up all over blog- and Flickr-land?  Aren't they gorgeous?  I've been wanting to try Swooning for awhile now, and I thought these might make fun blocks for my 3x6 bee.  I had no idea the pattern created a 24-1/2 inch block!  So, after reading all the hints and tips in the Flickr group, I set out to make a 12-1/2 inch test block.  I was successful, but only just.  It's not that this block is so complicated really, it's that you really have to be focused.  I put it together wrong at least 4 times.  In fact, I if you look at the lower left you will see a white block pencil mark-side up, but after taking it apart so many times, I just didn't have the heart to grab the seam ripper again.

Nevertheless here it is - my own little mini-Swoon.  And it looks remarkably like the original, only half the size. So, I'd call this moderately successful.

1 comment:

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!