Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bee Awesome!

Hello, my name is Wendi and I'm a swap-aholic!  They say that admission is healthy, right?  I just can't seem to resist a good swap.   As I mentioned in my last post, I joined another bee.  But this one is a "finish-it" bee.  The ladies in the group are going to rehab/finish projects that are already started so they can move along to the finishing stage. 


A couple of years ago, I purchased 2 charm packs of Fresh Cottons.  I hadn't quilted in a long time, and these were the first pre-cuts I ever bought.  I got excited about a pattern in a booklet called "Just Desserts", and came home and started sewing.



I hadn't sewn in so long that I forgot that the presser foot on my Pfaff is not 1/4 inch until I had a bunch of them done.  Did I rip them out?  Nope.  I just kept sewing.

And then I stopped. 

I don't remember why, I just stopped.  And those blocks have sat there in the WIP pile all this time.

So the other night, I went and found the half-finished bottoms.  Yesterday, I searched for - and found! - the fabric for the top half. 

I went to JoAnn's and bought some Jumbo ric rac. 


And today I finished Block #1.  Easy peasy, really.  Must have taken all of 10 minutes, including changing the thread on the machine to sew the ric rac. 

Despite it's non-standard seam allowance and general wonkiness, I think this will be a pretty quilt. 

I'm sending the blocks out to the bees tomorrow.  I can't wait to get the blocks back and make the quilt!

2 comments:

  1. This is really pretty! I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the ric rac for the handles.

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!