Saturday, July 14, 2012

You're a Grand Old Flag! {A Celebration in Fabric}

A few weeks ago, one of the swaps that I sporadically participate in - the Scrappy Mug Rug Swap - held a 4th of July Mug Rug swap.  With only about 3 weeks to create a little mini quilt and send it off to your partner, it was a bit rushed, but sometimes those are the best ones.  Here is the mug Rug I received from my partner, Raesha.

Sorry for the mediocre iphone picture, but I had already taken it to work when I realized that I hadn't taken or posted pictures.

Can you see that she quilted USA in the corner?  I thought that was a fun touch.

And my partner included some fun extras, too, which was fun!

With WH having his foot in a cast and not feeling too well this year, our celebration of Independence Day was pretty quiet - actually, he didn't feel well at all and slept a lot, so I sewed all day (which was pretty much a perfect day for me).  We did eat hamburgers and corn on the cob, so that was something to celebrate right there. 

So, I'm glad to have created (and received) this little bit of 4th of July fun.  It gave me an opportunity to reflect on the great blessing of living in the USA.

So, in the famous words of Irving Berlin, "God Bless America!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!