Thursday, October 18, 2012

3x6 Times Two

For some unremembered reason, this quarter I participated in TWO hives in the 3x6 bee.  I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time, but frankly, making 12 blocks was a little bit daunting.

I was the caretaker of a pinwheel hive, and I was also playing along in a star hive.  When I found this block on Rachel's blog I knew I had found the perfect block to make this quarter.

It's funny how some color combinations are more challenging than others.  This person wanted avocado and navy in her block - both colors I didn't have in my stash.

This one wanted all red.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do until I did it, but it actually turned out well, I think (better in person than in the photo, perhaps.)

And two people wanted this color combination - lime and aqua.  I like it.

Here's a combination I would never have tried without the motivation of the bee, but I really like this one too.

Royal blue and aqua (with a little lime) was kind of fun.

I wouldn't have tried this one either, but it made a pretty dramatic block.

Too many dots?  I hope not.

I'm not sure I like this one at all, really.  It's a little busy.  This person didn't want any background.  It might have been better with a different lime, but this was all I had.

I really like the black and gold/yellow.  Very bold and dramatic.

All in all, I like them.  I sure hope the other ladies do too.

But remind me to do this bee one hive at a time in the future, OK?










1 comment:

  1. lovely blocks! and never too many dots in my opinion. People did choose some interesting colors! And you made them all work

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!