Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Tisket, A Tasket

Just after I got home from my grandbaby adventure earlier in the month, I received a wonderful bit of swappy funmail from Christina in the DS Quilts Doll Quilt Swap.  I've shared my struggles with the quilt I created for that swap, so it may be that this lovely little quilt coming when it did was just the burst of inspiration I needed to get that baby off in the mail.

And who could resist this bit of Flea Market Fancy goodness.  The wonky baskets are adorable, and the colors are to die for.  And we all know I'm a sucker for brights on white and hand quilting.

Isn't this just a fun little quilt?

And the back is {almost} as cute as the front.  Usually by the time I get this far, I just want to get the blessed thing done, so I slap some fabric on the back and head for the quilting.  You can tell that Christina took the time to create just the right backing to accent the front.  I love how the hand quilting shows up on the back as well.

And here's my quilt with the other fun goodies Christina sent.  Look at those yummy fat quarters!  You know I will have a ton of fun with those!

I really love this little quilt!  It's just perfect for me.

Thanks, Christina, for a lovely little quilt.








4 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest little quilt. How fortunate you are! I also favor brights on white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a lovely little quilt. I love the fabrics, design and stitching on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! How sweet, and indeed, Inspiring! Love it, you are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!