Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Totally FAB Little Quilt

Last week I received this wonderful little quilt from Linda (Quack Quack 22) in the Fab Little Quilt Swap, and today dawned bright and beautiful (for a change) so I could take some photos.  I have to say that this is a TOTALLY FAB little quilt.  I love it!  Isn't it gorgeous???  I can't even imagine making all those flying geese, but I love how they turned out.  I love that it is so colorful.  I love the tree in the center.  I love the piping around the center medallion. I love the stripey binding. 

Truly, I just love this quilt.  Linda did such a great job.  It is gorgeous, and executed so beautifully.

Check out the jewels she added for the leaves on the tree.  And the flying geese in a circle are amazing.  I've been too intimidated to try this technique yet.  But look at those perfect points.

And the label is just as amazing as the front.  Look at all those teeny tiny flying geese.  Each one can't be more than an inch and a half.  I could just sit and stare at the label!  It's really a shame I can't look at both sides at the same time.

This is the lovely package she sent me.  See the hoop?  It would have been a lovely swap item on its own.  It is just beautiful.

And I love the saying she chose.

The happiest of people
Don't have the best of everything
They just make the
Best of everything!

Words to live by.

Thank you, Linda for a wonderful swap!




2 comments:

  1. I see your really love it, and I love it too. What great work she did on it.

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!