Saturday, December 1, 2012

Fun Mail

I can't believe it's been so long since I posted anything.  Where does the time go?  I mailed a bunch of swappy stuff on November 15, just in time to get the house ready for a welcome visit from HS for Thanksgiving.  He was the only one of the clan who could come home this year, and it was wonderful to have him.  Between the cleaning beforehand, enjoying his visit, cooking more food than a family our size could ever eat, watching football, our traditional Thanksgiving night viewing of White Christmas, Black Friday, a shopping outing Saturday, and a date with HS on Monday, there didn't seem to be much time for much else. 

Not to mention the fact that it is D*A*R*K by the time I get home from work now.  It makes it frustrating to take pictures.  (And although I went out today about 3:30, these seem a little dark to me even then.  Oh well, it is December, I guess...)


Meanwhile, the postman (actually we have a lady postman at our house now) kept dropping off wonderful little packages.  This adorable little guy was from Whitney (the Peacock Tree) in the FLiPS swap.  Isn't he cute?  I really love his little heart lips!  And look at all the other fun goodies she included.  Whitney and I have swapped several times now, and she says she's coming to within 30 miles of Pensacola next summer.  I'm hoping for a meet-up.

He has such a fun little fishy face.  I really love him.  He will be perfect for a little spot on my sewing machine where none of my other pinnies fit.  I know I'll put him to good use.

Thanks, Whitney, for such a fun addition to my sewing space!

There are a lot more fun little packages to share, so stay tuned...  Since most of what I'm working on now is for Christmas, I'm going to share them one at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!