Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sweet!





I think (hope?) I am finally out of my motivational slump.  I managed to actually create something yesterday, but since it is a swap where you know  your partner, I can't show the whole thing yet.  Since it was due on the 15th, I am a bit tardy, but not so much that I am going to feel horribly guilty about it.  I was in my LQS one day last week buying binding for Swoon, and found a few pieces of Sandy Gervais' Flirt that were just perfect for this project.  An idea popped into my head and I just ran with it.  This one is a Valentine mug rug in a conversation heart sort of style. I thought it turned out pretty cute, so I can't wait to send it off and see what my partner thinks!

In other news, Swoon was waiting on my doorstep when I got home from work on Tuesday.  Oh my!  Is she ever pretty!  Amanda wanted me to use the Lark gray stripe for binding with a 6-inch red piece.  So Wednesday after work I paid a visit to my LQS, as mentioned above.  I was just going to buy enough of the gray stripe to bind this monster.  Instead, a whole bunch of other stuff jumped into my buggy.

But the binding is on the quilt now and I've got about 1/4 of it hand sewn.  I must really love this girl, because I NEVER hand-sew quilt bindings.  And this one is 420 inches of binding.  True love.  Sweet!






1 comment:

  1. so glad you've found your mojo! I love hand sewing binding.... that's my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!