Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Progress Report - What progress?

It seems like we all start the year with the best of intentions, and then - somewhere about the 15th of January - reality sets in and we pack it in.  Last month, I posted my goal for 13 finishes in 2013.  And I was actually coming right along.  I wasn't going to give in to the resolution doldrums.  No sir!  Not me!  I was going to keep that resolution.

On January 1st, I actually sandwiched TWO quilts, and they are all basted and ready for quilting.  And I actually started quilting one of them! 

And then...




First, I hurt my foot and have spent an inordinate amount of time sitting in a chair with my foot up, which means I have made really spectacular progress on one of the WIPs on my list...

I am actually making spectacular progress on the GMFG.  It now has 49 flowers placed with 42 of them sewn on (the others are pinned in place) and all the fences are up for 35 of them.  So I am about halfway done with a project that I thought would (and let's be honest - still could) take years.

And then Penelope choked on a pin and had to spend a week in the hospital. 

And after that, it was down hill.

But I'm going to get back on the horse.  I'm thinking I will spend Saturday that the Sew Day at the Emerald Coast Modern Quilt Guild.  I met someone online who lives here in town and is going.  Maybe that is just the motivation I need.

I know what I'm taking to sew.  And maybe, just maybe, I'll get them quilted. 

After that, it's a piece of cake.



5 comments:

  1. I hope you're healing well. I do love your hexies! All is not lost

    ReplyDelete
  2. Resolutions should not keep you from having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is just a temporary set back and you'll be back in the mix again soon. Your GMFG is gorgeous. A sew day with your friends sounds like it will be just the medicine you need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it!!!
    Love those hexies!!!
    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saturday promises to be exciting. Remember this song from the 70's? Maybe not. But this is the way I feel about our meet-up at the gas station.

    'Cause we got a little ol' convoy
    Rockin' through the night.
    Yeah, we got a little ol' convoy,
    Ain't she a beautiful sight?
    Come on and join our convoy
    Ain't nothin' gonna get in our way.

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!