Monday, April 29, 2013

BOM - ing

A few weeks ago, I was talking with my friend about my desire for a Go! cutter, but how, since I am now unemployed retired, there wasn't much chance of buying one.  My friend said she had one that she was thinking of selling because she never used it.  Well, one thing led to another, and we worked out a trade.  She had some projects she needed to have finished, and well, I've got some time right now.

The first project I'm working on is the Fat Quarter Shop 2012 Designer Block of the Month.  I'm really enjoying creating these blocks.  The fabric is lovely - Vintage Modern, by Bonnie and Camille.
And the blocks are really fun.  I don't think there is a single block that I don't like (even the ones that are mostly gray - shhh, don't tell!)


One of the fun things about these blocks is that FQS is so generous with their fabric, I'm getting two blocks from almost every kit.



A quilt for my friend...



And a quilt for me!



Because my very generous friend said I could keep the second quilt...


 Now THAT's a good deal.



 I'm really glad, because the more I see of this quilt, the more I like it.




The colors are gorgeous!


 Isn't it fun to work on a project you really like?

Happy quilting!





2 comments:

  1. What gorgeous blocks! Do you get a different block pattern/fabric mailed to you every month?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that I had joined this club last year, I adore this fabric! I am in it this year, and it begins in June! I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!