Wednesday, August 14, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Again

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Time seems to be flying by here at prsd4tim2.  I thought retirement might be boring, but no, I seem to fill every day and wonder where the day went when it gets dark.  What's up with that?  I honestly can't believe it's been a whole week since I blogged.  And I don't think I have any finishes to report, at least not any that can be shared until they are received by the recipients, but rest assured I've been stitching away!

I finished all the blocks for the Fat Quarter Shop 2012 Mystery Block of the Month quilt.  Next up - the 90 Flying Geese that make up the sashing for this quilt.  


Can I just say I'm overwhelmed by the sheer number of them?  Flying geese are no problem, but 90 of them?  Whew!  I'm tired just thinking about it.  


But I finally got the pieces cut out, so I will get to this soon.  I hope to have it finished to give to my friend in September.

And I don't know if  you follow the fabulous Sarah on Instagram, but she finished quilting the Hip Holiday Spin Cycle quilt I made for Amanda while I was on vacation.  It turned out wonderfully...  I offered to bind it, but Amanda may decide to bind it herself.  Either way, the quilt is on it's way, and officially out of my WIP's.

I worked on these blocks last week.  These are the last of the citrus blocks, but these were all different sizes, from 9" to 12-1/2", so I had to somehow get them to all-one-size.  And now that they are all the same size, I can't decide whether to sash these, or make 5 more blocks so the quilt is the right proportion....  What do you think?

I ended up with 51 blocks, and made a total of 4 quilts, 3 of which I managed to get sandwiched last week at the ECMQG meeting Sew Day.


Sandwiching is my least favorite part of the quilting process, but I have to say it is much better in the nice big space we have for our guild meetings.  I could lay the whole quilt out on the floor - several quilts in fact - and not have to try to scrunch up the queen size batting or push furniture out of the way.


In fact, I ended up sandwiching 5 quilts...  The 3 completed citrus quilts, and...

Woodland by the Lake 2, and ...


My faux string quilt.  The pattern, you may remember, is  Heximetry by my friend Ali of a_2_w and the fabric is from Westwood Acres' Stripes That Bind bundle.  By the way, I learned yesterday that Ali's book is available for pre-order on Amazon!  Woot! Woot!

I did a little embroidery for my partner in the Super Swaps swap.  I need to get to the store and buy a couple of little things and get this in the mail by tomorrow.  (I can't seem to find things in the sewing room yet.  Hopefully that will change soon as I begin to get more organization in there!  We have plans for some {more} shelves and a cutting table to give me more storage!  How in the world did I cram so. much. stuff. into my tiny previous space???)  By the way, this adorable stitchery pattern is available free on my friend Ellyn's blog.


I got all the pieces cut for Amanda's Starflower Quilt Along.  Want to join us?  It's really a beautiful quilt.  The fabric is Beechwood Park by Jeanene Morrison and a selection of solids from my stash.  I have a confession to make - I only had a FE bundle, and she calls for fat quarters in her instructions, so I grabbed the solids and started cutting...  and totally lost count.  It will be interesting to see if I have enough or way too many diamonds, won't it?  In any event, I can't wait.  The quilt is amazing!


And I got all the pieces cut and started making the blocks for the ECMQG Modern Maples quilt along.  So far, I have 15 of 18 blocks completed, so this may just become a quilt soon!

So, there you have it!  I'm pretty sure that's ALL the WIPs I worked on this week.  I hope to have at least one completed project by next week!  Wish me luck!  What are you working on?

I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced again today...





4 comments:

  1. Wow! You are always doing so much! Can't wait to see how you quilt everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have some awesome projects going on there! Love your embroidery... teehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always amaze me by the list of projects! I am so easily distracted, how do you stay focused?

    Your Modern Maples is going to a fabulous quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me realize I should do something other than look at my fabric. I will send you a block, so I can say "I made it into one of Wendi's quilts". Which means, 4 other people need to send you a block too. What is the dimension you are looking for?

    Love your Modern Maples. Still.Must.Cut.Mine. Maybe tonight.

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!