Thursday, September 26, 2013

Finally!! Some Citrus Quilty Pictures...

photo by Cindy Marvel
I had to beg my friend Cindy, who is the Secretary/Historian for our guild, for these photos since I was air-headed and didn't get pictures before I donated these quilts to Project Linus, but here are photos of two of the three citrus quilts which was my August goal for ALYOF.  Isn't she artistic?  Much more artistic than my hang the quilt on the fence photos, for sure.

I have to admit that I couldn't give all three of them up at once, and I STILL haven't taken pictures of the one I kept.  (I'm quilting the bow ties quilt today, though, so I'll add it to the growing list of photos I need to take.)

I really love the way the citrus colors work together in this quilt, and how the white background accents all the others.


I think overall that this one is my favorite.  I love the touches of blue - even though blue isn't technically a "citrus" color.  I love the way the blue makes the other colors pop.

I hope some child is snuggly and warm under these someday soon.





5 comments:

  1. These Are gorgeous, sure to make a child feel safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue, as in the color of our FL sky under which all of our citrus ripens. Glad I did finally send you pictures. It only took three requests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for linking up to 100 Quilts for Kids! Love the cheery citrus quilts.

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!