Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Today is Wednesday, You Know What That Means...

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

It's Wednesday again, and once again I'm playing along with Freshly Pieced and WIP Wednesday.  It's been a bit of a frustrating week because my **BRAND NEW MACHINE** had to make a visit to the emergency room last week, and was gone **THE WHOLE WEEKEND**.  (Good thing my son came to visit so I wasn't quite as distressed at not having her home!)

Luckily I had finished this tote for my partner in the Sewing Room Swap before my machine broke.  All I had left was the flower on the tab, and I pulled out my trusty old Singer to run a little gathering stitch along the raw edge, then gathered and stitched it to the bag by hand while HS and I were watching BYU get beat by Virginia in the last few minutes of the game after a several really stupid play(s).  (NOTE TO QUARTERBACK:  When the field (and thus the ball) is that wet and slippery, and you're winning in the last 2 minutes of the game, don't try to pass...  Just keep the ball as controlled as possible and everything will be fine.)

Then I used Sally (Singer) to make this iron cozy for my Sewing Room Swap partner.  This pattern is such a great idea, and I was jazzed to find it on sale over the weekend in Oh Fransson!'s pattern shop.  Sweet!

As I reported the other day, I finished these three citrus quilts, which was totally fun.  I tried three different quilting motifs and just had a blast.  I hadn't ever done leaves before, but I'm thinking that might become one of my go-to favorites.

Woodland by the Lake II is sandwiched and ready to quilt, and might actually have gotten quilted if my machine hadn't broken.  It's on tap to get quilted very soon - hopefully this week.  I'm thinking a combination of loops and leaves for the quilting on this one.

And the faux string quilt is also sandwiched and ready to quilt.  I'm thinking of echo quilting hexagons in the white space, maybe with a flower motif in the middle of each one?! 

I haven't made much more progress on the Scrappy Trip...  I just need some time at the sewing machine to sew strips, then I can sit and watch TV while I'm seam ripping.

I actually worked on the GMFG a bit last night for the first time since Memorial Day Weekend.  After working on it for an hour or so, however, I was reminded of why I hadn't worked on it much this summer - the bigger it gets, the hotter it is.  Maybe it will cool off here in a month or so and I can get at least the top done by the end of the year.

And my Modern Maples needs to be sandwiched and quilted.  It's a Guild QAL, and the reveal is scheduled for a week from Saturday.  Better get busy on this guy.

I haven't done anything on the bookshelf quilt since I added the borders.  It needs to be sandwiched and quilted too, but no deadlines, so this one will probably wait awhile.

And I've made NO PROGRESS on these lovelies...  They're still sitting on the table where I left them.  I'm going to blame it on not having a machine all weekend...


And I've finished all the pinwheels and gotten the fabrics cut for the flying geese...  It's just a matter now of sitting down to do all 90-ish of them...

So, I think that's it.  Whew!  I think it's time to go take a nap!









No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!