Thursday, December 19, 2013

Super Saturday!

A couple of weeks ago, our ward Relief Society (women's group) held a craft day.  It has been awhile since I have participated in a good, old fashioned craft blowout.  I was just back from being sick and  snowed in over Thanksgiving, so I didn't take the camera, but we had a blast.  I was asked to do a few crafts, and a couple of the ones I did (thank you Pinterest) were popsicle stick crafts.  It's kind of fun to be a little kid again. 


I love nativities, and this one was really simple.  And a lot of fun.

I used my Silhouette and a hole punch to create this little library pocket hot chocolate holder.  This one is a little cross-eyed apparently, but he was fun.

My friend, Bonnie, did this greeting card style one.  It's a little more formal, but super easy and cute.

And these pony bead candy canes were fun.

And I love nativities, and this one is going to be awesome when I finish.  This one was made by my friend, Lisa, who (with her husband and daughter) cut and stained all the blocks, printed the patterns and provided the paint.  Mine is painted now.  I just need to find some sealer to spray on for a glossy finish.  My original thought was to send this one to the grands - the blocks are suitable for the kids to play with - but as usual, I'm running behind so it may not get there by Christmas.  Maybe I'll keep this one and do another one for them next year.

We made Christmas cards and decopaged plates and sewed crayon books and just had so much fun.  I wish I had gotten pictures. And ate.  And ate.  And ate. 

It was a really fun day!



1 comment:

  1. I love the block nativity idea. I can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!