Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Distracted




I woke up yesterday morning thinking I would get busy in my sewing room and get some things done after more than a week of Christmas distractions - my son arriving on Christmas Eve (his birthday) to spend the holidays with us...



Christmas itself...



A week of movies and football and dates with my son and card games and just plain goofing off and bonding and having fun...

A midnight drive to New Orleans on New Year's night so he could catch a flight home to be at work on time since the snowstorms in the Northeast meant he had been called in to work a day early to deal with angry passengers delayed by flight cancellations and people unable to get home on time (he works for an airline - sounds fun most of the time, but NOT when the whole travel system is messed up by the weather)...

A sleepless night because of said drive that left me feeling as if I was going to suffer a relapse of the bronchitis I've been fighting for a month...

A room that was too cold to sew in this morning that allowed me to be distracted by the 100 or so emails in my inbox...

Which led to spending the morning catching up on blogs I love, that I hadn't had a chance to read in a couple of weeks (just until my room warmed up, you know)...

And really being blown away by all the truly thoughtful blog posts I read.  Plans for 2014.  People wanting to create.  People wanting to become better.  People wanting to learn more and love more and give more.  Words people chose to help them remember what they want to do and be and become.  Ultimately, people expressing their desire to become the people God wants them to be...

Which caused me to reflect on just what I want to achieve in 2014 - outside of the quilty goals I've already set...

Which left me feeling totally despondent and I decided to play with my new toy...

And I have to admit that I've read more books in the last 3 weeks than in the previous year.  And it's been great.

But now I think I'm refreshed and ready to begin again.

Here's to a gloriously restful, fun, and productive 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!