Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Five Easy Pieces - Part IV

On the way out the door to head for StashBash, I had the thought that maybe I would need an easy project to play with while I was there.  I grabbed the layer cake on the top of the stack, which happened to be Bonnie and Camille's Vintage Modern and stashed it in my overflowing tote bag. 

I also had a few patterns with me, one of which was this Piece of Cake III pattern by Camille Roskelly from her Craftsy class, Pre-Cut Piecing Made Simple.  The pattern was super simple and super fun. 

One of the things I really enjoyed about it was laying it out on the floor at StashBash and having so much help getting the blocks just right.


All it needed when I got home was borders, and a quick trip to my LQS solved that problem.  I love how every line of fabrics by Bonnie and Camille coordinate with all the others.  Vintage Modern is scarce as hen's teeth, but my LQS still had some Happy Go Lucky Skip Red, which was perfect!

So, here's another quilt top in the to-be-quilted pile.  Time to get on that, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!