Thursday, August 6, 2015

Summer Swap

After a massive overdose of swapping in late 2013, I decided to cut swapping waaaay back. I have kind of missed it, so when my friend told me that there was a handmade gift swap on Elfster, I decided to give it a go.  Elfster is not my preferred swapping forum.  It is much more geared to store bought gifts,is very difficult to use and very difficult to find messages directed to you personally.  But it was the first swap I'd seen in awhile, so I signed up.  This is the fun package I received.  I'm so tuned in to quilting lately, I seldom think that there are other crafts.  I love these awesome book marks made just for me.  And the tote is very cool.


I've been really bad lately about not taking pictures of my finished items, but here's a pretty good representation of the apron I made my partner.... 

Along with a set of pot holders and a fabric basket. 

I'll just have to do better at remembering to take pictures.


1 comment:

  1. I've never been a fan of swaps. I participated in only one and received a "dud" as a partner - late, and very poor workmanship for saying she was an "intermediate" quilter. Since I have so many projects on my personal to-do list, I don't have a bit of problem not participating in swaps. Hope you enjoy this one. Your fabrics for the apron and pot holders are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

It is never fun to write into a vacuum. I would love to know you were here, so stop and say hi!